Today I am linking up with The Northwest Mommy. It’s Monday Listicles, and everyone knows how I LOVE lists. Even better: it’s a list about movie quotes, which I speak fluently. I even did a post before about how my mind is constantly conjuring up movie quotes and song lyrics in response to everyday situations.
The job today is to make a list of my top ten movie quotes. Baby, I could make a list of a thousand movie quotes, but I’ll spare you. I’ll just give you a list of the ones that pop into my head the most often.
- “I’ll be damned!” “You may indeed, if you get lucky.” This is from Tombstone, in a conversation between Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp. Every time I hear someone say “I’ll be damned,” I think the response. I can’t even help it.
- “Put the f—— lotion in the basket!” from Silence of the Lambs. This ones comes up every time I see anyone holding a bottle of lotion.
- Also from SOTL, “Hey you don’t know what pain is!” This is also something Buffalo Bill yells down at his captive in the pit in his basement. This is after she manages to set a trap and get his little doggie down the well with her. She yells up at him that she thinks the dog is in a lot of pain. He yells this down in response. For some reason, whenever someone is whiney, this pops into my head.
- “There is no normal life, Wyatt. There’s just life. Go. Live it.” This one is also from Tombstone, which I have seen many, MANY times, in case you couldn’t tell. Doc says it at the end. It’s sort of cheesy, but I like it. I don’t really believe in the word “normal,” and I guess that’s I especially liked this one.
- “I’m gonna lean up against you and you just lean right back up against me. This way we don’t have to sleep with our heads in the mud.” This is from Forrest Gump. Bubba says it to Forrest while they are in Vietnam. You’ve gotta have friends, man.
- “Screw ’em! Screw the government!” Anthony Hopkins says this in Legends of the Fall. He’s speaking in the context of Prohibition. I particularly love this one, because it’s part of the inner vernacular of my marriage.
- “I feel like I’m babysitting except I’m not getting paid.” I use this one a LOT. It’s from The Goonies.
- “Un-be-LIEVE-able!” It’s hard to get this one without hearing the way she says it, but it’s from Cold Mountain.
- “If you’re gonna spew, spew into this.” This one is from Wayne’s World. Garth holds this teeny little paper cup up to his inebriated friend and says this. Any time someone says they feel sick, even if they are just speaking rhetorically, this one pops into my mind.
- “I promise some day I WILL repay you. Unless of course I can’t find you or if I forget.” I have no idea why I like this one so much, I just do. It’s from Shrek 2.
Making this list made me realize something–I have a strange mind.
Huh. Who knew?
Check out the rest of the awesome lists!
As an aside, my site is now entirely in italics, which I hate. I did not do this. Any thoughts or suggestions from the blogosphere?